Sunday 12 October 2008

Remember?

While there are some things I love about the *new* Sesame Street would it be awfully bad of me to admit, I long for the familiarity of the old... The Doctor doesn't even watch the new style Sesame Street. In fact, he avoids it, while I sit and look at it, and watch for a trace of what I knew. But there's Trash Gordon (seriously - Gordon went from shopkeeper to playing Trash Gordon in tights?!), Maria and a few others, but meh, so what.

So it was a happy piece of nostalgia when I found this...

Remember?

6 comments:

Shellbells said...

ohhhh I remember!!! great find. long live the old way!!! Well may be sometimes anyway!!

zofia said...

I love this one!
Same with my kids- they can take or leave the 'new' Sesame Street, but I recently stumbled on a box set of 'Old School' Sesame Street! (1969-74) in Borders. It has this classic on it and my kids love it! Me too!

CurlyPops said...

he he he..that makes me happy!

nomes said...

I know exactly what you mean lovey

Liesl said...

Love the vintage stuff - this is a goodie. I'm not sure about Trash Gordon either. Just seems a bit wrong to have him in all that lurex. And this morning I saw a set of Law & Order muppets on Sesame Street. Weird.

Cindy said...

Caleb use to love the Play with me sesame, where there was a bit of ould and a bit of new. I still love 1,2 -12, with the oinball machine. Little pockets of my brain are obviosly dedicated