Thursday 20 August 2009

Bright Lights: Fresh Talent


Today I did something wild. Spontaneous. Crazy. I threw caution to the wind and drove Tiny and myself to the Stitches and Craft show to meet one of my all-time favourite bloggers. I've not met very many real-life bloggers as I usually feel a little shy. But I couldn't wait to meet Nan.

Of course she did not disappoint. She's got a beautiful, abundant stall there and I urge you to shake your tail feather and get out there to show support for the exhibitors at Stitches and Craft. There is absolutely something to suit everyone. And loads of free activities to keep you busy.

I had a wonderful afternoon meeting awesome crafty, cool, inspiring bloggers/crafters. Kind of like Young Blood, but I didn't get turned away at the door. Oh and I got to see my sister too (she was working here).
In fact, I loved it so much, I'm going for another dip into the Stitches and Craft show tomorrow. Shall I see you there?
PS - The above are just a sweet sample of Nan's beautiful craftiness. She's a genius I tell you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish, I wish, I wish I could meet you there tomorrow. It looks like you had a most wonderful time. (did you get to meet Jodie from Vintage Ricrac? She's lovely and clever too)

Cindy said...

Oh how cute are all of them! So glad you had a great time. You shy - I would never of thunk it

fi said...

so fantastic to meet you today and your cutie batoody wee one, see you tommorrow! Love fi xox

MiM said...

i think I may have to go! gorgeous peg dollys :o)

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

I too met lovely Nan today and lots of lovely bloggy types... nan was great Ibought a topfrom her for Busy and she gave me one of the beauttiful peg ladies whih I am hiding from busy... because I don't want to share her...

Tania said...

Oh, I'm so with you on the Nan fan club thing. INSANELY jealous at the twice visitation to boot!

Nanette said...

lordy, I'm all ablush!

Can't tell you how much it meant to me that you came out to the show, I really wish we had had more time to hang out.
You MUST come to Canberra and make sure you stay with us when you do! Thanks for the faux patchwork too. o god must stop as am tipping over into uncharted metered verse territory.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PS Can I post some piccies of you and the smalls totally cool if it's no ok but they are lovely!
x

mixtape- craftzine said...

hey! it was ace to meet you - i'm super shy as well - seriously
jus