Friday 27 September 2013

Frocktober 2013:: Let's GO!

If you're a long-time reader, then there's no doubt you've heard me banging on about Frocktober. And I'd love you to sponsor me. Please.

Without question, it's my favourite time of the year. It is when I get the crazies and wear a different frock for every single day of October. 31 dresses in 31 days. Except it's more than 31 dresses because sometimes I frock up to go out at night. What the frock?!

So if you've never heard of Frocktober, you're probably thinking - what the frock is Frocktober?

Well my frocking friend, it's to raise awareness and money for the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation. Last year I raised almost $5,000. This year I'm hoping to blow that out of the water and raise even more money for this most excellent charity.

Why? Because I'm a woman. But not only that. Ovarian cancer is an insidious disease, often known as a “silent-killer” as symptoms are vague and often strike without warning. Unlike many other cancers there is no early detection test.  Consequently ovarian cancer is often diagnosed in its late stages and only 20%-30% of woman survive beyond five years as compared to a 80-100% survival rate when detected early.

So please sponsor me this month - every dollar counts, and I'd be ever so chuffed if you gave up a coffee ($5) to help me reach my target! 

No comments: